Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ezra Redux: Neiman Marcus Mini Kinmono




             Ezra Redux is a clothing line for the fashionistas that are lovers of vintage, interested in unique items, and (most importantly) eco-friendly. The line mainly consists of clothing that I acquired from vintage boutiques (Not thrift stores). I then take the vintage pieces and turn them into modern, multi-occasion, fully-functional
 pieces. This process is called up-cycling and is environmentally conscious.
In laymen’s terms: It’s great for the Earth!



This is a piece from the Neiman-Marcus Collection Called Red River. This is the front and back view. One thing I love about vintage pieces are the prints on the fabric, you just can’t find patterns like these now-a-days.





After loads of trial and error, I finally upcycled this Neiman-Marcus original into a modern, ethnic Komono. 



I added faux leather (to keep the eco-friendly vibe). I also added darts, pleats, and fashioned a belt out of the extra fabric.  



My fave aspects about this piece are that one size fits most and it’s a Neiman-Marcus Original. Here are a few pics of me sporting the look! 




You can get this look at: Click this link to get this look!
Happy Blogging People!